We look forward to providing your child with an authentic approach for becoming a strong reader and writer. Please review our policies and procedures and contact our office if you have any questions.
Benchmark Literacy Assessments will be conducted per 8 weeks of instruction. Results of the assessments will be shared with parents.
- Tuition is prepaid, and due on the 1st of each month.
- Billing/Monthly tuition is based on 4 weeks of instruction per monthly billing.
- New student mid-month registration will be prorated.
- Credit Card payment is required. All registration and tuition is due upon the first day of class. If a credit card is declined and/or tuition is not received by the 5th of the month, there will be a $15 per day late fee added to your account until tuition is received in full. Your place/seat in the program is not guaranteed until tuition is received.
- Withdrawing from program requires a (30) day notice. A withdrawal form is required to be turned into office. Mid-month withdrawing reimbursements will not be provided. Our seats in the program are limited and reserved. Dropping the program on the 1st of the month (after tuition is run) will be a $75 processing & withdrawal fee.
- Summer Sessions require pre-payment for new student summer campers.
- Parents/grandparents are not allowed to sit in class during our sessions. We do not have background checks on you, and we need the children to be focused on their lesson. Face-2-Face brief student updates are provided after each lesson.
- Make-up classes are available, however, we respectfully ask to limit your make-up classes to one, per month. Make-up classes are by appointment only. You MUST contact your center manager to schedule your missed class; and for staffing reasons, walk-in’s are not allowed. Ratios are not guaranteed during make-up class. We will do our best for you to receive your reserved session teacher, but each campus is quite full so our regular teacher may not be open for a make-up class. Should your teacher be full, another teacher will conduct the make-up class.
- No Call/No Show’s are not allowed to be made-up.
- Missed classes cannot be discounted or prorated.
- Late Arrivals/Pick-ups. Please arrive and pick-up on time.
- Late arrivals will miss curriculum. We do not re-teach material due to late arrival. Pick-up time remains the same as scheduled class. Therefore if you arrive late, you are required to pick-up upon your registered class dismissal time.
- Please do not bring homework to class. We do not do school homework or projects. However, if there are literacy concepts that your child is struggling with in school, please communicate this to your teacher/manager and we will review those literacy concepts.
- Our homework program provides a modest amount of reinforcement to enhance a child’s literacy skills.
- Homework bags: homework and library books are expected to be returned each session. Library books will be rotated each and every session. Damaged or lost books fee: $5.00 per book.
- Should a child be unable to work in a small group setting for attention purposes, distracting others, etc., the child will need to attend a private session, if sessions are available. These sessions will incur an additional charge and are rarely offered.
- If a child continues to be disruptive or compromise the learning environment they will be removed from the program.
- We do not provide sit-down parental conferences after each session. Brief weekly updates via in communication bag provide details over our student’s progress.
- Student progress reassessments are given per 8 weeks and those details will be provided at that time.
- Unregistered siblings are not allowed to wait in lobby unsupervised.
- Homeschool students attend the same classes, just like everyone else. No special arrangements will be considered, times, students, or otherwise. No exceptions.
- Parents do not dictate our curriculum. We will not shift our curriculum based on religious preferences. Our curriculum is secular and will remain so.
- Parents who are disruptive, or are compromising the center’s sessions will be released from the program.
- RR Administration will not attend school conferences with a student’s classroom teacher or Student Support Team. Child Advocate Representative (a child psychologist) may provide those services. Dr. Southwell can provide recommendations.
- Reading Ranch Teachers are strictly prohibited from babysitting or tutoring other subjects to our students privately. Nor are they allowed to communicate with parents via email or texting. Please be respectful and do not ask them for their personal contact information.
- Students are not allowed to bring electronic gadgets to their lessons. Our students are in class to receive direct instruction. Electronic gadgets must remain with mom/dad/grandparent or nanny.
- Snack packs are not allowed in class. We do not have time to serve snacks during our lesson.
Literacy Progress Plans
All students learn at different rates and we cannot guarantee the rate of literacy development. However, it’s critical to be consistent with your attendance and recommended intervention plan, such as (1, 2, or 3 sessions a week).
Reading Ranch Student & Families
- Facebook, ‘like’ Reading Ranch & Twitter for updates!
- Email – monthly newsletter and announcements are made via email.
- Check homework bag for postings via flyers.
- Closing reminders (Christmas break Thanksgiving & Easter) are posted on the lobby door, Facebook page, Email, take-home flyers in homework bags.
Enrichment: (1) day a week. Intervention: (2-3 days a week) for (1 to 2 semesters).
- Attending one session a week program is designed for children who are performing at-level and enrichment purposes only. If this is your program choice, please know progress will be slower, but attainable.
- Intervention requires time, dedication and repetition for growth to be achieved, including families to practice these skills consistently at home.
Contacting Reading Ranch
For any concerns or needed conference, please contact our founder, owner & director, Dr. Kim Southwell, Ph.D. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Classes are offered 7 days a week. Lucas (Allen) will be Mon-Sat (for now). Please schedule your child’s class when they are most focused. Teaching your child to read should be a priority to any other outside activity. Please be committed arrive and pick-up in a timely manner.
2:30-3:20, 3:30-4:20, 4:30-5:20, 5:30-6:20, 6:30-7:20
8:30-9:20, 9:30-10:20, 10:30-11:20, 11:30-12:20, 12:30-1:20
10:30-11:20, 11:30-12:20, 12:30-1:20, 1:30-2:20, 2:30-3:20
Word-of mouth is our best advertisement. Please tell your friends about our literacy program, and share our Facebook page or blogs. We appreciate your referrals and give one free writing class to your child for each sign-up (e.g., 2 referrals, then 2 free writing classes goes to your child).