Why The Reading Ranch?
The Reading Ranch Tutorial Centers offer exclusive and proprietary literacy programs/tutoring that are phonetically based for reading, writing, comprehension, spelling, and critical analysis (CARS). Our founder, Dr. Southwell, developed the curriculum and methods as part of her Doctoral studies based on sound research and proven principles. Our multi-sensory teaching approach is highly teacher/student interactive. We make reading and writing FUN.
We focus ONLY on literacy (reading, writing, comprehension, spelling, critical analysis). We don’t do Math, nor Science, nor test preps. We focus only on PreK-6th Grade Literacy. Our laser focus on literacy sets us apart from our competitors and provides our students exceptional results.
How is Reading Ranch different?
- Founded by Dr. Kim Southwell, Ph.D.Reading Education (Language & Literacy)
- Exclusive programs developed and copyrighted by Dr. Southwell
- Research-based instruction and Multisensory Teaching Approach
- Not worksheet or random, drill/kill based
- Interactive learning environment and small classes of 2-3 students
- Phonetic based curriculum (systematic instruction)
- Fluency built using Literature based instruction
- Provide pre/mid-point and post assessments
- No contracts, afterschool program is month-to-month
- Summer Camps
- On-Site library with home literacy program including take home readers!
How are Reading Ranch teachers trained?
- Our reading tutors/teachers are trained to provide Reading Ranch lessons delivering interactive lessons using a multi-sensory teaching approach (i.e., visual, auditory, tactile, etc.)
- Teacher training (professional development) is required. Dr. Southwell implements the training program discussing theory, and curriculum development. Teacher/student role-play is modeled and rehearsed perfecting teaching performance while collaborating in current literacy research.
- Teaching Standards: Reading Ranch tutor/teachers are required to successfully implement only Reading Ranch curriculum using an interactive approach to teaching while engaging students in learning.
The purpose of Reading Ranch is to provide children with enrichment and/or intervention in reading and writing while giving students the confidence and independence to be successful in literacy.
- Pre-Emergent Reading Program
- Early Emergent Reading
- Early Reading
- Reading Language Enrichment
- Reading I: Language Enrichment
- Reading II: Language Enrichment
- Dyslexia ‘Tendencies’ Program
- Reading Comprehension with Phonics Intervention Review
- Writing Lab: Handwriting-Strokes & Penmanship
- Writing Lab: Writer’s Workshop
Parent Training/Parent Education
- Parental communication with weekly updates
- Reading/Writing blogs
- On-going parental literacy updates of reading/writing instruction
- Literacy workshops allowing parents to partner in the literacy process